Website CA Mining
Reference Number: GAS0047
Intended to support continued improvements in scientific rigor and workforce efficiency within the rehabilitation department. The successful candidate will play an integral role in design and implementation of scientific field trials and studies, including monitoring of rehabilitated and managed natural lands within the mining concession. Additional responsibilities include geodata management and cartographic production using ESRI ArcMap, tracking and reporting rehabilitation progress, identifying and implementing opportunities for improved workforce efficiency, and staff mentorship. Staff upskilling and workforce efficiency are integral accountabilities; improvements in these areas will serve as key performance indicators
Occupational Health and Safety
- Understand and comply with health & safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Risk assess equipment, systems, procedures and tasks within the responsibility areas.
- Ensure appropriate use of PPE and safety equipment at each worksite.
- Report any safety hazards or incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Understand and comply with environmental policies, procedures and regulations.
- Report environmental hazards and incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Mentor rehabilitation staff with strong focus on scientific approach, data management, data analysis, and task planning.
- Attend and/or lead weekly departmental meetings; raise concerns and offer solutions.
GIS and GPS Support
- Assume the custodianship role for rehabilitation and closure datasets.
- Download and map weekly GPS data to track work progress.
- Create and manage GIS datasets ensuring integrity of the information is maintained.
- Provide a high quality cartographic service, including preparation of digital maps, hardcopy prints and presentation graphics (using ESRI ArcMap)
Study Design and Oversight
- Oversee design and implementation of scientific field trials aimed at advancing and improving rehabilitation.
- Collaborate with external academic partners and/or consultants as needed.
- Develop and implement monitoring and adaptive management programs for rehabilitated and undisturbed natural lands within the mining concession.
- Develop and implement methods to track workforce productivity.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve workforce productivity
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Desired a Master’s degree or demonstrated advanced technical expertise in geochemistry, soil science, and/or water resources.
- Bachelors degree in science or engineering discipline essential.
- 7-15 years’ experience applying scientific methods in an industrial / operational setting.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using ESRI ArcMap to manage and present geodata.
- Experience working in mining and/or extractive sectors preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organised, critical-thinker
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract position
- US$ net monthly salary
- 7 / 3 roster