Website CA Mining
Reference Number: 9393010NDS
My client is an Australian mine owner currently operating in West Africa. They are seeking the services of an experience Underground Production Superintendent for their operating gold mine.
- Execute the mining operations in accordance with the mine plan.
- Responsible for the Safety, Quality and Productivity of directly supervised Shift Supervisors and Operators.
- All Industrial Relations functions
- Oversee compliance to the weekly schedule and identifying schedule “roadblocks” and escalating issues
- Liaise with relevant contractor staff regarding the planning and formation of a weekly plan.
- Reporting on a daily basis the relevant safety performance, physicals data, heading status and schedule compliance
- Liaise with all site management in order to maximize productivity
- Ensuring that personnel under their supervision have been given appropriate time required to complete job training, assist with relevant hazard hunts, inspections or task observations, BALL Observations and meetings.
- Report all accidents, incidents, damages and Near Misses using the correct procedures.
- Inspect all work areas for hazards and take corrective actions as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing the daily tasks of the Development Jumbo Crews, Loading and Haulage Crews, Face Prep and Charge up Crews.
- Ensure Shift Supervisors and Development Jumbo Operators have the correct Development Plan and Cut Sheets
- Planning the upcoming week’s cut schedule, including checking sites, survey plans & schedule interaction
- 24 hr forecasting & compliance checking of meters advance in the cut schedule on a daily basis
- Inspection of new development sites is carried out with respect to cut plans, development memos, ventilation requirements & drainage.
- On completion of development, site is to inspected, checking adherence to plan, ground support standards & condition, removal of equipment, (j/box’s, j/cables, fans, hoses etc.) and last cuts bolted and face prepped.
- Responsible for managing the daily tasks of the Production Crews and the Service Crews.
- Forward planning and checking of rehabilitation sites, including schedule interactions, future development, ventilation requirements (both rehab & development), dewatering facilities, service protection and jumbo box sites
- Ensure Shift Supervisors and Operators have the correct Drill Plans for the work undertaken and the correct ground support is installed.
- All Production sites inspected with the current rehab plan, before any work is commenced. On completion of drilling, the completed drill plans is to be signed off and given to the underground superintendent.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Mining related qualification
- Underground Blasting certificate essential
- Previous experience working as an expatriate in Africa
- Underground gold production experience essential
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year / permanent contract
- Rosters are 4/2 or 6/3 depending on your home location
- Market Related AUD package